Meet our Riley Kids of the Week!
Week of May 15th
- This week’s Riley Kid of the Week is Foxx Goetz. Foxx was diagnosed with Down syndrome at birth. He was in need of a lot of initial care, so his family immediately began seeing specialists at Riley for several reasons. Click the button below to read more about Foxx's story!
Week of February 14th - CHD Awareness Week
Bryson Faus, Rowan McClellan, Emily Newcomb, Ella McBride, Hannah Fulford
Week of February 21st
- Senior at Twin Lakes High School (Monticello)
- Unified Flag Football
- Polar Plunge (Special Olympics)
- Fan favorite at the Riley Kid Talent Show
- Kris loves playing video games and meeting new friends!
- Born premature, FAS, muscle weakness, eye problems
Week of February 28th
- Neuroblastoma – originating in his spine, filling chest cavity
- Open heart surgery to remove the tumor after chemo
- Siblings: Hugo and Irving
- Piano, Dancing, Comic Books, Legos, anything that requires lots of energy!
Week of March 7th
- October 2013 Eli had headaches, nausea, vomiting
- Local IU hospital for MRI revealed mass on pineal gland in brain - Pineoblastoma
- At Riley he went through 6 months of chemo, 33 radiation treatments
- Today Eli is in remission and does weekly OT, PT, speech, and horse therapy for sustained cognitive and mobility issues from radiation treatment. Eli loves trains, movies, and anything and everything Disney!
- He loves meeting new friends in PUDM and is a very happy and social boy!
Week of March 7th
- Lipomyelomeningocele(form of spina bifida)
- Hip dysplasia
- Loves -
- Animals, cars/trains, Mickey Mouse, Elmo, and playing with his sisters.
- Sisters: Olivia and Paige!
Week of March 21st
Foxx Goetz and Brooklyn Anthrop
- Down syndrome, eye surgery, tubes in his ears, respiratory syncytial virus, pneumonia
- Still follow with dental, ophthalmology, ENT, GI, and developmental pediatrician
- Brooklyn has Down syndrome and is mainly non-verbal
- She has an older brother and a corgi puppy!
- Brooklyn is also a big fan of the outdoors, and loves dancing, swimming, and ice cream! She is full of smiles, sass, and lots of energy
Week of March 28th
- Liver cancer, hydrocephalus, epilepsy, and more.
- 200+ nights at riley, 300+ outpatient visits, and 15 doctors
- Emily loves being outdoors, riding bikes, swimming, cats, unicorns, and stars.
Week of April 4th
- Spina Bifida, Hydrocephalus, Mylomengicele, Clubbed Feet, neurologic bladder and chari malformation II during pregnancy
- First surgery at 17 hours old
- 3rd surgery was at Riley
- 2020 Riley Champion
- Life of the party, cheerleader, killer dance moves, resilient, positive, amazing!
Week of April 10th
- Born with Heterotaxy- organs not in typical places
- Born with multiple heart defects and malrotation of her intestines
- First heart surgery at 6 weeks, LADDS procedure at 8 weeks, and open heart surgery at 3 months.
- Now 9 years old and doing amazing!
- Lucy is very active and loves art, cheer, dance, and gymnastics!
Week of April 17th
- Freshman in high school
- Basketball, 4H (Sheep Showing!!), sibling to 8 brothers and sister
- 10-year cancer survivor!
- Recent leg/hip pain
- Hip dysplasia and mass on sacrum
- Braylie's cancer has since come back and she is currently in a 29 week treatement
Week of April 17th
- Baseball, basketball, fishing
- Dream of traveling to Jamaica because he has a Jamaican coin to spend!
- Stage 3 hepatoblastoma when he was ~ 2 months old.
- First year involved in PUDM!!
Week of May 2nd
- Emergency C-section only 25 weeks into pregnancy
- Born at 1.6 pounds and projected to have long term disabilities
- NICU for over 3 months after birth
- No lasting effects!
- Freshman at IU, involved in IUDM
- Majoring in Exercise Science
Week of May 9th
- Diagnosed with H1N1 and was transferred to Riley via helicopter
- Trouble breathing, doctors at Riley worked tirelessly to help him
- Carter has raised $31,555 for Riley in 7 years
- Co-President for Harrison High School's DM
- Senior, runs track and cross country