Meet our Riley Kids of the Week for 2021!
Week of March 7th
- October 2013 Eli had headaches, nausea, vomiting
- Local IU hospital for MRI revealed mass on pineal gland in brain - Pineoblastoma
- At Riley he went through 6 months of chemo, 33 radiation treatments
- Today Eli is in remission and does weekly OT, PT, speech, and horse therapy for sustained cognitive and mobility issues from radiation treatment. Eli loves trains, movies, and anything and everything Disney!
- He loves meeting new friends in PUDM and is a very happy and social boy!
Week of March 21st
Foxx Goetz and Brooklyn Anthrop
- Down syndrome, eye surgery, tubes in his ears, respiratory syncytial virus, pneumonia
- Still follow with dental, ophthalmology, ENT, GI, and developmental pediatrician
- Brooklyn has Down syndrome and is mainly non-verbal
- She has an older brother and a corgi puppy!
- Brooklyn is also a big fan of the outdoors, and loves dancing, swimming, and ice cream! She is full of smiles, sass, and lots of energy
Week of April 4th
- Spina Bifida, Hydrocephalus, Mylomengicele, Clubbed Feet, neurologic bladder and chari malformation II during pregnancy
- First surgery at 17 hours old
- 3rd surgery was at Riley
- 2020 Riley Champion
- Life of the party, cheerleader, killer dance moves, resilient, positive, amazing!
Week of April 10th
- Born with Heterotaxy- organs not in typical places
- Born with multiple heart defects and malrotation of her intestines
- First heart surgery at 6 weeks, LADDS procedure at 8 weeks, and open heart surgery at 3 months.
- Now 9 years old and doing amazing!
- Lucy is very active and loves art, cheer, dance, and gymnastics!