Amount Raised: $1,500.00
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $1,500.00
- The first PUDM lasted 12 hours and took place in the Armory. Participants were served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for meals
Amount Raised: $25,500.00
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $27,000.00
- Judson Laipply came and performed his infamous "Evolution of Dance" which was number #1 most watched YouTube video until Gangnam Style
- Bruce the Piano Man also also played at the marathon for the first time
- PUDM gets its logo!
Amount Raised: $57,800.00
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $84,800.00
- The PUDM 2007 Executive Board was the first board to attend the national Dance Marathon conference, held in Kansas City.
- In 2007, PUDM created and maintained its first website.
- PUDM held it's first 5K.
- We had color coordinated shirts this year and first time we had enough dancers to break into groups - This was the first year that PUDM ever did Color Tracks and Color Wars.
- Many of exec board worked at Bradford Woods (Camp Riley) the prior summer. On our camp soundtrack was Dream Big, which is where we introduced the song to the Exec, which later became the circle song. The first ever Dream Big circle!
Amount Raised: $75,491.00
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $160,291.00
- PUDM 2008 saw the first addition of a VP Finance to the Presidential Board.
- Morale creates the PUDM backdrop sign for the marathon.
- PUDM holds it's first mini marathon/high school marathon.
Amount Raised: $101,550.90
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $261,841.90
- This marathon took place in the old CoRec instead of the Armory.
- In 2009, PUDM was dedicated to the memory of John Romine. FarmHouse attended the marathon for the first time and thus started the annual head shaving event at the marathon. This year also started the annual bone marrow drive in honor of John.
Amount Raised: $143,221.85
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $405,063.75
- PUDM 2010 (Spring) was the first marathon to host the Riley kid talent show, a tradition still today!
Amount Raised: $172,528.34
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $577,592.09
- PUDM 2010 (Fall) was the second marathon of the year, and the first time PUDM was celebrated in the fall. Although the Executive Board only had 8 months to plan the event, they still managed to increase their fundraising total by $29,306.49.
- The marathon took place in the Armory, again, because the CoRec was under construction at the time.
Amount Raised: $303,562.82
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $881,154.91
- Became the first student org to win a One Brick Higher Award from President Cordova.
- Won a Miracle Maker Award from CMN for the first time.
- Planned a detailed Opening Ceremony for the first time.
- Added a rave to the marathon
Amount Raised: $528,654.67
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $1,409,809.58
- Moved the Marathon from the Armory to the new Frances A. Cordova Recreational Center. First time the marathon was taking place in multiple gyms instead of just one location at the Armory (so planning for multiple things going on during rotations).
- PUDMA was formed this year (Chris Gecewicz).
- PUDM wins "Best Opening Ceremony" and another Miracle Maker award from CMN!
"Army of Hope"
Amount Raised: $1,000,471.03
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $2,410,280.61
- Hitting $1 million – At the time, we were the youngest Dance Marathon program in the country to raise $1 million FTK.
"The B1G Marathon"
Amount Raised: $1,002,510.28
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $3,412,790.89
- PUDM 2014 organized the first Day of Miracles with a goal of $50,000. They surpassed this goal, raising $58,080.59 all in 24 hours FTK.
10 Years of PUDM (click to see the video)
"Celebrate With Us"
Amount Raised: $1,101,297.26
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $4,514,008.15
- Hit capacity for the marathon - 2,150 registered participants
- Rebranded to gold and black (logo).
- 2nd day of miracles ever & broke 6 figures. ("$100K 1 day")
- Founding year of the "train horn" for in-event fundraising.
Amount Raised: $1,060,247.16
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $5,574,335.31
- The Special Events committee organized and hosted the first ever Marathon Exclusive event as well as the first Riley kid birthday party in marathon.
- This was the first year for the Chair position.
- Won the PUDM/IUDM Old Riley Bucket Challenge.
- First FTKolor Run
"Mission to Miracles"
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $6,699,628.50
- Strategically planned for the addition of a VP Membership (+ Stewardship Executive, Dancer Relations Executive, & Development Executive) position (to be implemented in 2018).
- Won the PUDM/IUDM Old Riley Bucket Fundraising Challenge
- Created the Champion Program for new member onboarding, mentorship, education, & engagement in the fall.
- Created annual theme for Day of Miracles – Gold for pediatric cancer awareness
"Explore What's Possible"
PUDM Running Total(All Years): $7,907,105.29
- Tyler Trent became the highest individual fundraiser for Riley Dance Marathons ever and the highest individual for Children’s Miracle Network for 2018
- Record number of Riley Families attended PUDM
- Record breaking fundraising numbers on 100 Days and Day of Miracles
- Purdue Crew Boat was hoisted into the loft of the co-rec for the Riley Kid Birthday Party
- Pat McAfee emceed Riley Kid Talent Show