Purdue University Dance Marathon (PUDM) is the largest philanthropy on Purdue’s campus. The entire dance marathon team works hard year-round to put on the 18-hour marathon event that to date has raised over one million dollars collectively for Riley Hospital for Children. We live by our mission statement: “we stand for those who can’t”.
Being a committee member involves taking on a leadership position within the organization. As a committee member you will be asked to:
- Attend committee meetings throughout the year
- Pay a $25 committee due (which is separate from your marathon registration fee)
- Stay the entire 18-hours at the marathon
- Work hard to raise your $500 committee member minimum
- Have fun and act goofy as we work together to plan the most successful PUDM to date!!!
[box] Missed the callout? Check out the PowerPoint that was shown during the meetings.
[button link=”/assets/2013CommitteeCallouts.pdf” color=”silver”] Download[/button]
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- All applicants must fill out the general application below (the personal information as well as the first three questions)
- Please read through the entire application. Please answer any additional questions for your top three choices
- Send all finished applications to email@example.com by Wednesday, September 18th by midnight with your top three choices in the subject line with the first choice listed first and third listed last.
- Because there are already so many committee members in our organization, for the first time only certain committees will be taking on a specific number of members this semester. If we are unable to find a perfect fit for you this year, come to PUDM 2013 as a dancer, and we will let you know when the committee member applications are up for next year!
- If you have any additional questions, please e-mail Stephanie Nitschmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
[learn_more caption=”Committee Descriptions/Contact Information”]
- Technology: operates the www.pudm.org website and helps document PUDM through pictures and video.
- Residence Hall Outreach: works to increase PUDM participation and awareness in the residence halls, reaches out to new students.
- Student Organization Outreach: works to increase involvement of other student organizations on campus and to form relationships with them.
- Public Relations: works to promote PUDM through marketing efforts (i.e. chalking, flyers, posters) and media efforts (i.e. 102.9, the Exponent, BTV).
- Alumni and Community Outreach: keeps our alumni network informed and involved and also helps promote PUDM to the Lafayette community.
- Athletic Outreach: works to get the Purdue athletic department, the RSC, and intramural organizations involved in PUDM.
- Merchandise: works to develop and sell all merchandise made by PUDM.
- Greek Promotions: works to promote the marathon and PUDM events to the Greek community. Also in charge of organizing and executing Greek Olympics.
- Stewardship: works to thank all parties who donate and assist PUDM, as well as develop Committee Member Appreciation Week.
- Morale: organizes games, activities, and the line dance performed throughout the marathon.
- Dancer Relations: organizes registration for the week before and day of the marathon. In charge of communicating and being an advocate for the dancers before and during the marathon.
- Operations: Coordinates check-in, VIPs, tours, and security during the marathon. Helps to create promotional videos for PUDM throughout the year.
- Entertainment: Contacts, books, and hosts the entertainment acts for the marathon.
- Riley Development: Communicates with the Riley families and hosts them during our marathon. Creates the Riley Development tent for the families.
- Catering: Contacts and coordinates all of the food and beverage vendors for the marathon.
- Corporate: Contacts various companies and businesses to try and get their involvement and financial partnership with PUDM.
- Mini Marathons: Helps various high school and elementary school organize and execute their own dance marathons.
- Fundraising: Organizes skip-a-meals, Rake for Riley, canning events, and various other fundraisers. Communicates with dancers and puts forth efforts to help them reach the $100 minimum fundraising goal.
- Special Events: in charge of organizing our Grand Alternative Cookout Fundraiser in the Spring and our Golf Outing and Date Auction fundraisers in the fall. [/learn_more]
[box type=”warning”] The committee member application has closed. However, you can still sign up to be a dancer at http://register.pudm.org/
[button link=”http://register.pudm.org” color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] Register[/button][/box]